cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject The value of src/core (or lack thereof)
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:39:07 GMT
Hi all,

The src/core directory was initially created to clearly separate the
development of ECM++ and ensure it had no dependencies of other parts of
Cocoon.

All went well until we added some fancy features like includes, variable
expansion, etc, which led an increasing number of classes to move from
src/java to src/core. Having e.g. classes in the o.a.c.environment
packages spread over the two directories is somewhat confusing.

What this shows is that although the Cocoon engine has very few
dependencies on ECM++, ECM++ has an increasing number of dependencies on
the Cocoon engine.

Since we recently added support for other component containers _inside_
ECM++, what is now the real value of src/core? Not much IMO.

So I propose to remove src/core and move all its content to src/java.

WDYT?

Sylvain