cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] The block protocol
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:26:04 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>
>> Portal block
>> ------------
>> - requires "MyProfile" that implements "profile"

Correction:

   - Requires implementation of "profile" interface.
     "profile" is implemented by "MyProfile1",
     "MyProfile2", ..., "MyProfileN".

>> <profiles>
>>  <copletbasedata-load
>>   uri="blocks:profile:/load-global-profile?profile=copletbasedata"/>
>>  <copletdata-global-load
>>   uri="blocks:profile:/load-global-profile?profile=copletdata"/>
>>   ..
>> </profiles>
>>
>> The problem with this example is that is not how the portal works, nor
>> would I ever want the portal to require that a block with a specific
>> name be present as this prohibits two portal implementations from
>> being present in the same webapp.
>

> That's not true. You can deploy as many portal applications as real
> blocks as you want.

Yes

> And, if you don't like dependencies (references,
> extensions) just don't use them.

And No. If portal block requires implementation of profile block, during its
deployment time you will pick up an implementation you like for each instance of
portal block.

Vadim