cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalising CForms Flowscript Params
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:33:01 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All
>
> <rant>
>
> During the process of stabilising CForms could we please consider
> rationalising the parameters sent to forms.js from the sitemap?
>
> This really bugs me :
>
> <map:call function="handleForm">
>     <map:parameter name="function" value="myFunction"/>
>     <map:parameter name="form-definition" value="model.xml"/>
>     <map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="binding.xml"/>
>
> Can we come up with better matching names for these please ?
> Names that have a similar case and/or hyphenation scheme?
>
> form-function, form-model, form-binding
> form-function, form-definition, form-binding
> formFunction, formModel, formBinding
> formFunction, formModelURI, formBindingURI
> function, modelURI, bindingURI
>
> etc etc.
>
> I do not really mind what they are, but they should at least look as
> if they are within the same concern.
>
> I propose that the old names are used if the new ones were not
> supplied but a deprecation notice is logged, then later they can be
> taken out.

I propose that the "handleForm" shall be deleted, as IMO it really
doesn't make sense to specify all this information in the sitemap ;-)

Compare this :
<map:call function="handleForm">
    <map:parameter name="function" value="myFunction"/>
    <map:parameter name="form-definition" value="model.xml"/>
    <map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="binding.xml"/>
</map:call>

function myFunction(form) {
    form.showForm("blah");
}

and this, which does exactly the same:

<map:call function="myFunction"/>

function myFunction() {
    var form = new Form("model.xml");
    form.createBinding("binding.xml");
    form.showForm("blah");
}

I personally never used this "handleForm" function and consider it as
some old legacy.

Sylvain