cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rationalising CForms Flowscript Params
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:28:37 GMT
On Apr 2, 2005 10:34 AM, Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 06:40:01PM +0100, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> > ><snip/>

> > >Then I suggest you come up with consistent parameters naming and
> > >change this function yourself :-), I'm not against keeping it.
> >
> > OK Vadim :)
> >
> > If there are other people using this function, I would rather have a
> > consensus on what the changes are.
> >
> > I do not actually mind if the consensus is to deprecate the function,
> > but I do think it is a bad idea to recommend keeping paths etc in
> > flowscripts .....
>
> I totally agree with Jeremy that passing over the input to the
> flow script from the sitemap is a good thing for refactoring but
> also for overview. I'm not so much concerned with the form and binding
> URIs as those are normally only used within the function called and
> pollutes the sitemap with mostly irrelevant constants but this is just
> my POV. But what I've learned is that especially passing over the URI of
> the "display-pipeline" in a consistent way can help clarify how a flow
> script connects back to the sitemap.
>
> Ciao
>
> Giacomo
>
> --
> Giacomo Pati
> Otego AG, Switzerland - http://www.otego.com
> Orixo, the XML business alliance - http://www.orixo.com

If its of any interest, and more as a user than a cocoon developer.
Defining the variables in sitemap is the only real means of developing
in such a way that when common patterns can be abstracted that
flowscripts can be reused, the only other attempt I've seen at reuse
without using the sitemap to define resources resulted in the coupling
of the file system to the code.

Mark