cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:56:53 GMT
Le 14 avr. 05, à 11:15, Upayavira a écrit :

> ...In the work I've been doing with Snapbridge recently, I came across
> a rather neat GUI installer, that basically provides a front end to
> Ant...

I remember a discussion a while ago about building a WebStart-based
installer.

People were strongly against it, the point being that it's better for
people to fail early rather than erroneously believe that Cocoon is a
point-and-click tool

I think the need to manually edit some config files remains a good way
of showing people what kind of skillset and mindset is needed to use
Cocoon today - I wouldn't bother about GUI config tools unless they're
integrated in a cohesive IDE.

-Bertrand