cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: Rationalising CForms Flowscript Params
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:40:01 GMT

On 1 Apr 2005, at 17:21, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> On 1 Apr 2005, at 15:33, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> <snip/>
>>> I personally never used this "handleForm" function and consider it
>>> as some old legacy.
>> Hmmm, I disagree.
>> I never like to embed names of files or pipelines in flowscript
>> functions.
>> I always pass these in from the sitemap.
>> This way, the sitemap is the place where all paths, filenames, uris
>> are managed, or the location that consistently retrieves these from a
>> config, via input-modules.
>> I do not like to spread this around as it makes refactoring more
>> difficult.
> Then I suggest you come up with consistent parameters naming and
> change this function yourself :-), I'm not against keeping it.

OK Vadim :)

If there are other people using this function, I would rather have a
consensus on what the changes are.

I do not actually mind if the consensus is to deprecate the function,
but I do think it is a bad idea to recommend keeping paths etc in
flowscripts .....

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!