cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Download of jars with Maven ant tasks
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:50:35 GMT
On Wednesday 27 April 2005 04:23, David Crossley wrote:
> How do artifacts get into the remote Maven respository
> and how are they guaranteed to be the legitimate file?

AFAIK, this is a topic that Maven is considering to attend to in Wagon.

In my personal opinion, Wagon better than the Maven1 system, but still it is a
bit weak.
One should centrally (either centrally on a computer or centrally on a LAN)
establish the resource hosts, their configurations and their respective trust
management, and not allow for applications to override at their own leisure.

Furthermore, I think that once the central trust management is in place, why
not support artifact use in non-aware applications, such as URLs in
URLClassLoader, schema URLs, DTDs, and even complete WARs??

Well, that is the theory and one can hope that Maven/Wagon will address this
in the long run, and meanwhile I use my own solution that provides all of the
above, even for Cocoon runtime.

Cheers
Niclas