cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial version of spring-app block
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:22:14 GMT
On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 00:09, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 19:48, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> NOTE: I found out that the <application-container> was setup using the
> configuration from <components>. That prevented e.g. to use
>
> <application-container>
>    <myparam>value</myparam>
> <application-container>
>
> myparam could not be detremined in the configure method of the compoenent. I fixed that
in trunk. I hope that was ok.

(Sorry for my bad english, but I'm a bit tired)

In my current Cocoon/Spring/Hibernate app, I have to use the
OpenSessionInViewFilter of Spring for several reasons. I have to decalre
the filter in web.xml as well as my configLocations. Thus I do not need
to specify any on the sitemap level via

<map:application-container
class="org.apache.cocoon.spring.SpringComponentLocator"
contextConfigLocation="test.xml">
    <contextConfigLocation></contextConfigLocation>
</map:application-container>

The problem here is that I haveto  add an empty applicationContext.xml
or add an empty <contextConfigLocation>, which is not nice. So, I want
that only my parent context is used. Carsten, would it be ok, if I
change the SpringComponentLocator to fall back to parent only, if
applicationContext.xml is not available and
<contextConfigLocation> is null?

--
Rolf Kulemann