cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Sitemap Listeners
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:18:19 GMT
On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:07 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I while ago we briefly discussed the idea of sitemap listeners that are
> invoked each time a sitemap is entered/left.
>
> Our 2.2 code base contains a first implementation which can be seen as a
> very simple base for this feature. I think it's time now to discuss this
> further.
>
> 1. Configuration
>
> You can define listeners in the map:components section in a sitemap with:
> <map:listeners>
>   <map:listener role="Some Avalon role"/>
>   <map:listener class="A class"/>
> </map:listeners>

> WDYT?

Maybe this is a stupid question but could this be extended to <map:match
pattern=""/>.

Ok, one could implement it via the implementation of
public interface EnterSitemapEventListener extends SitemapListener {

    void enteredSitemap(EnterSitemapEvent event);
}

...but this would lead to extract the requests in the java classes but
IMO that is not an elegant solution.

The idea would be
<map:match pattern="prepare.include.**" listener="viewListener.class">
 <map:generate src="cocoon:/prepare.view.{1}"/>
 <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/prepare.include.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="config-file" value="{project:skinconf}"/>
 </map:transform>
 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

With
public interface EnterMapEventListener extends MapListener {

    void enteredSitemap(EnterSitemapEvent event);
}

WDYT?

salu2
--