cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Who may follow a retired Anteater?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:01:36 GMT
Le 9 mars 05, à 00:11, Alfred Nathaniel a écrit :
> ...Does anybody have practical experience with Canoo WebTest which
> speaks
> for/against this product?  Or any other product?  Or is nobody
> testing?..

Although I do not see an urgent need to move away from anteater, I've
been using HttpUnit successfully in other projects and it does a good
job. For HTML pages at least, but I'm not sure about its support for
XML responses, which we want to test as well.

But - writing "page" tests (http/xml or http/html) in compiled code is
a pain IMHO, a scripting environment (ideally without angle brackets)
is much more convenient, to shorten the test writing cycle.

I can't help thinking that using rhino scripts to drive HttpUnit (if it
does XML and XPath checks) or something similar would be cool...

-Bertrand