cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject [cron block] Execute job with original request setup
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:35:18 GMT
Hi Cocoon devs,

in the process of moving the Lenya scheduler to Cocoon components,
I played a little bit with the cron block.

At first I tried to invoke a Lenya service from the scheduler by
obtaining the service directly via the ServiceableJob's service manager.
But this way I ended up with exceptions, because the request URI
was empty. Originally, the service was only invoked from the web
interface via flowscript.

Some questions:

1) Is it possible to initialize a cron job with the original environment
    information?

2) Or is it unwise to implement Contextualizable and access the request
    object via the ContextHelper in services which can be called from
    the scheduler? If yes, would that mean I should pass the request
    URI etc. manually?

3) Are there any general hints how to implement such a behaviour
    (call the same service from web interface and scheduler)?

Thanks in advance!

-- Andreas