cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Couple of tests I ran on Cocoon, VMs and JDKs
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:32:45 GMT
On 23 Mar 2005, at 04:32, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> FYI, might be interesting for the Cocooners out there, as that's what
>> I've tested.
>> http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/wiki/display/pier/32+Versus+64
>
> Interesting.
>
> It would also be kinda cool to have some other data in terms of
> concurrency, you are stressing with 10 threads, but it would be
> interesting to see if the 64bit architecture handles load better or
> worse (don't know why, but it's another axis to consider that you
> haven't in your exercise).
>
> yes, I know you might not care :-)

Yep, I don't! :-) For VNUNET, our acceptor limit set on Jetty is (IIRC)
15. So, only a maximum of 15 threads can access Cocoon at the same
time.

We cache the bejesus out of the application, so parallelization of
tasks is not "that" important to us, while raw speed definitely is.

FWIW, I tested threading comparing normal linux threads with NPTL, and
there you definitely had a massive improvement by switching to NPTL,
but more than that, I can't tell you...

I believe SIMILE runs on the same hardware, right (or was it a HP
360/G3?) I think you can ran the tests yourself! :-P

	Pier