cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject i18n issues with 2.1.7-dev
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:24:04 GMT
Hi All

One of the differences between 2.1.6 and 2.1.7-dev that is a bit of a
nuisance is i18n reloading.

eg.

       <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
         <catalogues default="forms">
           <catalogue id="main" name="main"
location="{proj:/config/loc/i18n}"/>
           <catalogue id="config" name="configuration"
location="{proj:/config/loc/i18n}"/>
           <catalogue id="editor" name="editor"
location="{proj:/config/loc/i18n}"/>
           <catalogue id="report" name="report"
location="{proj:/config/loc/i18n}"/>
           <catalogue id="handout" name="handout"
location="{proj:/config/loc/i18n}"/>
           <catalogue id="wiki" name="wiki"
location="{proj:/config/loc/i18n}"/>
           <catalogue id="forms" name="FormsMessages"
location="context://samples/blocks/forms/messages"/>
         </catalogues>
         <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
       </map:transformer>

Regardless of the setting in <cache-at-startup/> i18n is always cached
in 2.1.7.
If you want to see edits in message files, you need to restart Cocoon.

This is the complete opposite to 2.1.6, where regardless of the setting
you could always see edits by doing a browser reload, but you could not
get it to cache.

Any ideas anyone?

Another issue I would like to raise, regarding CForms going Stable, is,
could we not take this opportunity to add a catalogue declaration to
all CForms i18n usage, so it does not have to be the default i18n
catalogue whenever it is used?

thanks

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME