cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 06:56:04 GMT
Le 16 mars 05, à 19:11, Tim Larson a écrit :
> ...I do not need to discuss more, as Upayavira captured my thoughts
> on the matter very well.  Since we do not have a vote thread
> started yet, my *opinion* is +1 flat structure, -0 directories.
> (i.e. Strongly prefer flat, but would not try to veto directories.)

Same here - I do actually prefer a flat structure, with enough metadata
in block.xml (for example) to build a page with the status of each
block. More flexible and easier to manage.

Reinhard, you put my name in the "people who support directories" list
- I do support whatever valuable work is being done, and classifying
blocks via directories is valuable IMHO. But given the choice I prefer
the "flat" option.

-Bertrand