cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Who may follow a retired Anteater?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:07:26 GMT
Il giorno 09/mar/05, alle 08:01, Bertrand Delacretaz ha scritto:

> Le 9 mars 05, à 00:11, Alfred Nathaniel a écrit :
>> ...Does anybody have practical experience with Canoo WebTest which
>> speaks
>> for/against this product?  Or any other product?  Or is nobody
>> testing?..

I used WebTest for a while, but in the end I found that writing tests
in XML is way too verbose and clumsy. Also, keeping a lot of tests up
to date with respect to a changing Web UI was too much of a pain.

> Although I do not see an urgent need to move away from anteater, I've
> been using HttpUnit successfully in other projects and it does a good
> job. For HTML pages at least, but I'm not sure about its support for
> XML responses, which we want to test as well.
>
> But - writing "page" tests (http/xml or http/html) in compiled code is
> a pain IMHO, a scripting environment (ideally without angle brackets)
> is much more convenient, to shorten the test writing cycle.
>
> I can't help thinking that using rhino scripts to drive HttpUnit (if
> it does XML and XPath checks) or something similar would be cool...
>
> -Bertrand

Have you seen Selenium? [1] Looks interesting, but I haven't had the
time to take it for a test ride, yet.

	Ugo

[1] http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/devel/?permalink=Selenium.txt

--