cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:37:25 GMT
On Mie, 16 de Marzo de 2005, 10:17, Daniel Fagerstrom dijo:
> Everything can be done in numerous ways.
>
> The directory structure is easy to understand, it is what we have
> discussed at the list for quite a while, it is what Reinhard actually
> have implemented and above all it moves us forward.
>
> There should of course be a metadata file for the block as well and
> documentation generated from that. But AFAIK no one have started to work
> on any such documentation functinonallity. So for the moment I think we
> should focus on the *important* question:
>
> Which blocks do we support?

Well, this is a hard question. I read all the mails related to this topic
and still I don't have a decision:

1-"The blocks used for my company will be supported by me". I guess every
committer already did that. So I don't see here a problem, but.....

2-"Blocks not used by 'me', but are interesting or have big potential
success". This is the hard question. How I can know if a block has
potential success between people?. Even we know that cocoon has potential,
but a lot of people don't use it. I hope this illustrate what I have in
mind.

In my case, in the first fill of the wiki Block poll, I added some blocks
that I don't need for my work and never used it, but I found interesting
and already worked on them just for fun. For example, qdox.

In the second raid, I checked other blocks where I already worked outside
my own interests, just for the community follwing some bugzilla reports
and I hope I can use some time in the future to support in this way again.

I know we have a problem, people wants to drops some blocks from his own
POV. But perhaps this blocks are used by other people.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.