cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: widget data type
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:05:39 GMT
On Vie, 18 de Marzo de 2005, 14:43, Giacomo Pati dijo:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> On Vie, 18 de Marzo de 2005, 10:55, Giacomo Pati dijo:
>>
>>>Hi all
>>>
>>>Did you ever had the problem that you'd like to assign a
>>>bean from a Collection to another beans property by the use
>>>of CForms selection lists?
>>>
>>>I had that alot and the result was a Datatype called "bean" which can
>>>be any type of Java Object. Now this Datatype is only suited to be
>>>assigned
>>>using selection list. Maybe I haven't found another solution of that
>>> case.
>>>
>>>Any objections to add it?
>>

>> I think it is good. Please read the comments below.
>
> Ok
>

>>>And
>>>

>>>I would like to extend the flow-jxpath selection list with the following
>>>attributes and their meanings:
>>>
>>>lable-path-is-i18n-key
>>>	sometimes your label is the i18n key and you want is as such.
>>>	I haven't found an other easy way to wrap a label text with an
>>>	<i18n:text> element
>>

>> @ lable-path-is-i18n-key --> i18n="yes" + current @label
>
> See my comment below
>
>>>nullable
>>>	same semantic as the "java" selection list has (puts a empty line
>>>	in the first position of the list)
>>>
>>>null-text
>>>	sometimes you'd like to put a text into the empty
>>>	"null" item of the list
>>>
>>>null-text-is-i18n-key
>>>	if your null-text attribute is an i18n key turn this attribut on
>>

>> I think @nullable, @null-text and @null-text-is-i18n-key can be stored
>> in
>> less attributes:
>>
>> 1-IMHO one thing is i18n and other thing is null-text:
>>
>> @i18n - use i18n for the list
>> @null-text - define the "null" item. fromhere, we can go to:
>>
>> original @nullable --> @null-text=""
>> original @null-text --> @null-text="[a string]"
>
> I can agree with the above but...
>
>> null-text-is-i18n-key  --> @i18n="yes + "@null-text="[an i18n key]"
>
> How do you distinguish to have a @null-text="I18NKEY" wrapped in a
> I18nMessage but not on the value at the label-path?

Like a bug? :-D

See below,

> A sample:
>
> I have a collection of interest rate number and on the "null-text" I
> want to say "pick the intrest rate you'd like" in a language dependant
> way. With your proposal even the numbers would be warpped into a
> I18nMessage as it is an all or nothing rule but they will (fingers
> crossed) not find a key in a i18n catalogue.

IMHO is we are i18n-ing an application, we need to take care of _every_
string or thing. ie:

Today we need: 1,2,3,4,etc.
Tomorrow we need: one,two,three, four, etc. (for every lang) and this
happens).

>>>i18n-catalog
>>>	for those of us who use several i18n catalogs
>>

>> I wonder how often is need to change the i18n catalog to have the need
>> define it right on the list element.
>
> Actually we use different i18n catalogs in the same page (menu catalog,
> business term catalog, etc.).

And special catalog for every list, is this a good idea at all? Can we
define it at the sitemap level?

Well, for sure you know better your requirements than me. I just wanted to
point out some idea I had while reading the attributes. As I told before,
I am +1 for this enhacement.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.