cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:50:32 GMT
On Mie, 16 de Marzo de 2005, 8:41, Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Can't we put the whiteboard code in the trunk as well and let the
>> compile script decide what should be included in the builds based on
>> meta data in the source files ;)
>>                                                    --- o0o ---
>> Am I and Reinhard the only ones that are concerned about what the 50+
>> blocks in an unordered lump in Cocoon does for the perception about our
>> project?
>> If we stop whishful thinking and feeling pitty for blocks with few
>> supporters for a while, it is enough to take a look at the SVN log to
>> see that we have our share of more or less abandoned one man shows.
>> There are quite a few blocks that hasn't been touched in any essentail
>> way for a year or more. Blocks where all work have been done by one
>> person, that in some cases haven't been around for long. Blocks that
>> nearly never are discussed on the list.
>> IMO it is an esential service for our users that we in a honest and
>> realistic way tell what we actually, in practicem, with real work,
>> support rather than what we whish we supported.
> Hmm, I thought we already agreed on putting blocks in different
> directories to give a better overview about the state of a block - but
> perhaps that's my weak memory...

Nope. It shows that people mind evolve with the time. This raise often on
the mail list. One month "X" is cool and three months later is'not. Or the
oposite. ;-)

> Anyways, I think we should *not* put all blocks in one directory. Moving
> things with svn is painless.

Just because SVN allow it, does not mean we need to use this feature. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

View raw message