cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [CForms] Repeater: why not hashCode for id?
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:16:26 GMT
On Lun, 28 de Marzo de 2005, 3:40, Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> This might be a stupid question, but why does the repeater need an own
> identity attribute on the objects contained in the list? If I bind my
> form to beans I have the hashCode of these objects which should be unique.
>
> But in all our samples we use an own "id" property. Could we simplify
> this or is there something that prevents this? Or doesn't it make sense?

If you are refering to <fb:identity>, I implemented it, because in some
cases we need more than 1 value to identify a row in a repeater. More info
here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107811213016802&w=2

Before <fb:identity>, was imposible to diferentiate 2 rows in a repeater
that are diferent by more than 1 field. There was an attribute that was
able to catch only one field and in some cases this is not enough.

The oposite, make a default where all the field in the row are "unique"
seems like not a good idea. This can be done by the hashcode. But, seems
like defining a DB tables where all fields are part of the primary key of
the given table. And this is not recommended at all.

Looking forward for your comments, perhaps we can find a better way to do
that. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.