cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:48:28 GMT
On Mie, 16 de Marzo de 2005, 8:57, Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>> And I think nobody disagrees with that. Status page (suggested somewhere
>> up the
>> thread) indicating the status of the block, some additional information
>> about
>> the block, etc, will accomplish this even with flat directory structure
>> in SVN.
>>
>> What exactly changing directory structure buys you? If there is clear
>> and
>> structured documentation about the blocks (it can use structure like
>> supported/unsupported/contributed/abandoned/whatever) and similarly
>> structured
>> hierarchy in the sample webapp, what, on top of this, directory
>> structure in SVN
>> gives?
>>
>> I'm not so against moving stuff, but I'm just trying to understand why
>> to move.
>>
> Documenting the state is one thing, but imho just doing this in some
> descriptor isn't very visible. Who reads documentation or looks into a
> meta descriptor? :)
> So, by using a directory structure, it's immediately visible for everyone.

We can generate automatically a forrest page with this info in the same
sense as we generate now the ant build.xml for blocks. It will be pretty
easy to do. In short, this is not an argument for a directory structure.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.