cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Java 5 - '(String) null'
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:56:32 GMT
On Mie, 9 de Marzo de 2005, 8:41, Peter Hunsberger dijo:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:14:00 +0100, Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>
wrote:
>> antonio@apache.org wrote:
>> > +        this.addItem(c.getTime(), (String)null);
>> I guess Java 5 needs this strange casts "(String) null". What's the
reason for this?

> Got me, but I've allso had problems with 1.4.2_06 giving a CCE on an
naked null. Surprised the heck out of me...

Yep. I got the problem doing a full rebuild using 1.4.2_07. I am still not
using Java 5 for my daily work. I am planning to move to java 5 as my
default SDK soon.

Here is the current output without the "weird" cast:

/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/samples/DateTestJavaSelectionList.java:31:
reference to addItemis ambiguous, both method
addItem(java.lang.Object,java.lang.String) in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList and method
addItem(java.lang.Object,org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.XMLizable) in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList match
        this.addItem(c.getTime(), null);
        ^
/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/samples/DateTestJavaSelectionList.java:33:
reference to addItemis ambiguous, both method
addItem(java.lang.Object,java.lang.String) in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList and method
addItem(java.lang.Object,org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.XMLizable) in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList match
        this.addItem(c.getTime(), null);
        ^
/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/samples/DateTestJavaSelectionList.java:34:
reference to addItemis ambiguous, both method
addItem(java.lang.Object,java.lang.String) in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList and method
addItem(java.lang.Object,org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.XMLizable) in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList match
        this.addItem(new Date(), null);
        ^
3 errors

Best Regards,