cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Java 5 - '(String) null'
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:37:40 GMT
On Mie, 9 de Marzo de 2005, 2:14, Reinhard Poetz dijo:
> antonio@apache.org wrote:
>
>> +        this.addItem(c.getTime(), (String)null);
>
> I guess Java 5 needs this strange casts "(String) null". What's the reason
> for this?

Not only java 5. The build was broken even using 1.4.2. I just did a quick
fix hoping somebody else will note it.

Seems like there are to methods for addItem(c.getTime(), null):

protected void addItem(Object value, String label)
protected void addItem(Object value, XMLizable label)

See:

src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/datatype/AbstractJavaSelectionList.java

Please fix it. ;-)

Best regards,

Antonio Gallardo.