cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [ANN] Benchmarks in java scripting languages (rhino doing well)
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:42:26 GMT
On Dom, 20 de Marzo de 2005, 4:01, Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>This is the recent article that shows rhino is doing well:
>>
>>http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2005/jw-0314-scripting_p.html
>>

> That's good news, but don't forget that our Rhino version (i.e. the one
> that will ship with 2.1.7) is a fork of a very old version. So we do not
> benefit from the increased performance of the new version.

What I wanted to show, is that even our old rhino is doing well (the 2nd
faster), if we compare it with other scriping languages:

"Figure 1 that lists results for the most time-consuming task: comparing 1
million integers for equality."

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2005/images/jw-0314-scripting1.jpg

IMHO, 8 seconds for 1M comparisions is a good performance compared with
the job a tipical flow script acting as cocoon controller needs to do. How
many time it can spend. Can we still said that Rhino is a bottleneck. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.