cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Rolappe <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject Re: [poll] Seeking eclipse plugin development skills for an opensource Cocoon IDE
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:12:30 GMT

Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
> Marco Rolappe wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
>>
>>> That's why I'm sending this poll to the whole user and developper
>>> community:
>>> - do you or your company have Eclipse plugin development skills?
>>
>> minimal. but it would be a good opportunity to enhance them ;-)
>
> Sure, but starting an Eclipse IDE with only newbies isn't the easiest
> route :-)

probably not ;-) but AFAIR the concepts behind the plugin architecture
are not that hard to grasp. I fiddled around with several plugins and
also dug a little into sunbow and there have been no big problems along
the way.

anyway, if there's going to be a sandbox I'll come there and play ;-)

> Anyway all contributions would of course be very welcome!
>
>>> - if some opensource project is setup to develop a Cocoon IDE, would
>>> you like to join and invest time and effort?
>>
>> sure. I'm also thinking of tools not dependent on an IDE but usable
>> from within Cocoon (via web frontend).
>
> A good Cocoon IDE must have a runtime part to allow things like
> debugging, monitoring or profiling. This runtime part can be designed so
> that some features can be equally used with a GUI front-end in the IDE
> and a web front-end. This is something that must be considered right
> from the start.

a list for collecting ideas/use cases would be useful. maybe such a
thing already lives somewhere in wiki land?

influenced by some mail archive posts, the first thing coming to my mind
besides those you mentioned is a visual build (configuration) tool.

leEgg.breed();