cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [poll] Seeking eclipse plugin development skills for an opensource Cocoon IDE
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:43:57 GMT
Marco Rolappe wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez schrieb:
>
>> That's why I'm sending this poll to the whole user and developper
>> community:
>> - do you or your company have Eclipse plugin development skills?
>

> minimal. but it would be a good opportunity to enhance them ;-)

Sure, but starting an Eclipse IDE with only newbies isn't the easiest
route :-)
Anyway all contributions would of course be very welcome!

>> - if some opensource project is setup to develop a Cocoon IDE, would
>> you like to join and invest time and effort?
>

> sure. I'm also thinking of tools not dependent on an IDE but usable
> from within Cocoon (via web frontend).

A good Cocoon IDE must have a runtime part to allow things like
debugging, monitoring or profiling. This runtime part can be designed so
that some features can be equally used with a GUI front-end in the IDE
and a web front-end. This is something that must be considered right
from the start.

Sylvain