cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Bidirectional relationships for blocks?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:06:39 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Sure, seem like a good idea, but I found it hard to understand why you
> disregard my practical experience

Sorry if you've got the feeling that I desregard your practical experience. This
isn't my intention at all. I'm just curious to see what the difference between
multiple block inheritance and single block inheritance + composition, or in
other words, what the difference between yours and Stefano's solution looks like
in a *practical* example (I heard that *you* have practical experiences but I
want to learn a bit from them). I read several pros and cons for both solutions
but it's difficult for me to imagine how both solutions "feel" for me and which
one I like more.

Usually when I have such a problem I start to draw interface diagrams and write
some mocks implementating them. I will do the same here - of course this will
not be the super-example portal/portlet-integration ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc