cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Bidirectional relationships for blocks?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:23:41 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I think we should stop discussing this topic in this theoretical way, at least I
> can't follow it anymore. I propose developing a *mock application* (contains
> only configuration files and pseudo code) that shows all the features of real
> blocks. Then we can decide what we need (not).
>
> I will try to come up with something useful (I need it anyway for the
> block-deployer) within the next few days.

He he, I usually agree with your approach, but this time, it's too
complicated for me. My real-world use-case is that I'm thinking about
using cocoon blocks as a mechanism to write portlets for the cocoon
portal engine. You end up with having the portal engine block and
several portlet blocks. And here you exactly need the scenario I
described. Sorry, but I will not provide a prototype for this :)

So my question is: does this make sense?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/