cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [CForms] Repeater: why not hashCode for id?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:47:50 GMT
Although I think that Sylvains idea is a better long term solution, it
seems complicated and will take some time until it's done.

I still think that using the hashCode of an object is a valid solution
for many use cases. The only problem currently is that I can't use the
hashCode directly, so in the binding I can't just write:

      <fb:value id="id" path="hashCode"/>

as the path would be resolved to a getHashCode() method in the bean that
obviously doesn't exist. In fact this is a general problem if your
method is not named properly. What about adding the possibility to call
a method?

      <fb:value id="id" method="hashCode"/>