cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experimental per-sitemap reloadable classloader
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:15:35 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>>The only thing missing is the automatic reload of classes (you still
>>>need to touch the sitemap, which I sometimes forget),
>>

>>Nah... almost there. Will finish that up over Easter.
>

> Tadaaa! :)
>
> ...ok - now if you use the "classpath" directive
> the ConcreteTreeProcessor will be subscribed
> to the SitemapMonitor.
>
> The SitemapMonitor uses the jci FilesystemAlterationMonitor
> to monitor the given resources. It's now a single thread
> checking every few seconds. Filesystem changes will mark
> the ConcreteTreeProcessor to be replaced on the next request.
>
> So just point it to you eclipse build directory and
> you don't need to bother about the reloads anymore :)
>
> Sylvain, I noticed a problem with the classpath
> directive though. As soon as I have component
> declaration in the map:components section I get
> an exception:
>
> A DefaultServiceSelector can only be hosted by a CoreServiceManager
> (Key='DefaultServiceSelector')

YESSS!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Ah, btw, I can confirm the starange behavior (I would call it "bug") of
the sitemap context being relative to the main cocoon context in case
symlinks are used to mount subsitemaps. This is both on Sun's 1.4.2 JVM
and BEA's JVM 1.5 on linux. Using mount-table (as suggested by
Sylvain... but I still don't like it ;-) make the problem go away.

--
Stefano.