cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experimental per-sitemap reloadable classloader
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:42:24 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>The only thing missing is the automatic reload of classes (you still
>>need to touch the sitemap, which I sometimes forget),
>

> Nah... almost there. Will finish that up over Easter.

Tadaaa! :)

...ok - now if you use the "classpath" directive
the ConcreteTreeProcessor will be subscribed
to the SitemapMonitor.

The SitemapMonitor uses the jci FilesystemAlterationMonitor
to monitor the given resources. It's now a single thread
checking every few seconds. Filesystem changes will mark
the ConcreteTreeProcessor to be replaced on the next request.

So just point it to you eclipse build directory and
you don't need to bother about the reloads anymore :)

Sylvain, I noticed a problem with the classpath
directive though. As soon as I have component
declaration in the map:components section I get
an exception:

A DefaultServiceSelector can only be hosted by a CoreServiceManager
(Key='DefaultServiceSelector')

cheers
--
Torsten