cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable forms block?
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:53:07 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Right.  But the question wasn't "What has been done?". The question
> is, what must still be done before it can be marked stable?  I'm
> wondering if we aren't going a little overboard in trying to make it
> perfect before marking it stable.

Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22StabilizeCocoonForms

The two main things to be done that are likely to break a bit existing
things are:
- flatten the configuration files
- remove v2 and v3 apis and make the v1 API more JS friendly.

We can safely assume this will be done before 2.1.8. At least that's one
of my goals.

Other items are more evolutions than changes and can be done on a block
with the stable stamp.

Sylvain