cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r156143 - cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/JXTemplateGenerator.java cocoon/trunk/status.xml
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:59:54 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Sorry for such a long delay. I had been busy lately.
>>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>> Also, private static cache map should go in favor of the store
>>> component. Otherwise, larger site might simply run out of memory
>>> 'cause JXTemplateGenerator ate all of it.
>>

>> I'm not into store component usage. Could you give me some directions?
>>
>> What should I take into consideration when building a key for storing
>> a compiled script?
>

> Key should be unique. So if you prefix it with something like "jxtg:"
> and add source URI of the template, and source key, it should be good
> enough.
>
> Reason for the source key - we want to cache all variations of the
> template even if they are created from the same source URI.
I do not get something: while resolving a source from uri how do I get
access to source key? The source provides only source validity and there
is no way to calculate it manually.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl