cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r156143 - cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/JXTemplateGenerator.java cocoon/trunk/status.xml
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:17:18 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Sorry for such a long delay. I had been busy lately.
>
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Also, private static cache map should go in favor of the store
>> component. Otherwise, larger site might simply run out of memory
>> 'cause JXTemplateGenerator ate all of it.
>

> I'm not into store component usage. Could you give me some directions?
>
> What should I take into consideration when building a key for storing a
> compiled script?

Key should be unique. So if you prefix it with something like "jxtg:" and add
source URI of the template, and source key, it should be good enough.

Reason for the source key - we want to cache all variations of the template even
if they are created from the same source URI.

> I know there are different stores in cocoon (transient/persistent).
> Which implementation can we use?

Is it Serializable? Does it make sense to preserve cached templates across sever
restarts? Does it take much time to re-parse template if it is lost from the
store? If no to any of these, then use transient store.

Vadim