cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing tomorrow?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:54:07 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>What do others think about releasing tomorrow?
>>
>>In general, I think we could, *but* as we asked for feedback and got
>>some test reports with failures/problems, I think we should at least
>>address them before releasing.
>>
>>So my suggestion is that we address the known problems and then either
>>release tomorrow or wednesday - there are not many problems so they
>>should be fixed quickly.
>>

>The following bugs are still open:
>
>#34077,

Wow, lots and lots of things there. The real bugs (NPE and "The
undefined value has no properties.") are fixed, and AFAICS what's left
do to is mostly the cosmetic changes provided by Helma. No time for this
ATM, and I don't think this should block the release.

>#34087,

Not blocking IMO, as its merely a documentation issue.

>#34084,

Lots of broken samples...
I fixed http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form2simpleXML.flow

Many of the reported problems are related to external URLs used to build
the samples that either have changed or are no longer available.

>#33762

Is is specific to the Tomcat 5.5.7+JDK 1.5 combo?

>Currently I can't help in fixing them - is anyone working or planning to
>work on them?

Not much time ATM and I don't consider them real blockers.

Sylvain