cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial version of spring-app block
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:34:42 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just committed the inital version under
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/spring-app/trunk

That's great news!!!

> The readme.txt explains howto include the block in the build and howto
> see the nice example :)
>
> The block is not finished yet. You currently are able to define a spring
> application context on a per sitemap base and can use flow and the
> service manager to lookup your beans - a simple example for flow is
> included.
> Currently missing is the chaining of spring contexts and some further
> glue code.

Was defining a spring application context on a per sitemap base a design
decision or the easiest way to write a prototype? Shouldn't it be the goal that
each block (and of course Cocoon core) can provide beans via some export
functionality and this exported beans can be reused by any other block depending
on this block? Or for now, wouldn't we want to use Spring managed beans all over
in our Cocoon application?

(Sorry for the maybe dumb questions - don't want to criticize your work in any
way :-) )

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc