cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:14:08 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip/>

> The process is fine (code freeze / test / release), the only point is
> that we need to know that testing has actually occured!
>
> I was away during the last few days, and will shake the baby today and
> this week-end :-)

Have done some testing (on a Linux machine with jdk 1.4.2_03).

The tests works except for
org/apache/cocoon/transformation/I18NTransformerTestCase.xtest which
reports that it passes but deliver a number of NPEs depending on that it
doen't find
resource://org/apache/cocoon/transformation/i18n-messages_sv.xml
resource://org/apache/cocoon/transformation/i18n-messages_sv_SE.xml
using locale: sv_SE
Obviously I should provide a Swedish translation ;)

Haven't tried the anteater tests.

Clecked through the main samples and samples for (authentication-fw,
asciiart, batik, bsf, chaperon, fop, forms, html, itext, ifor,
linkrewriter, lucene, poi, profiler, session-fw, stx, velocity, xmldb,
xsp (except phyton) and have found the following problems:

* samples/blocks/bsf/generator/helloGroovyMarkup.gy - gives a NPE.
* samples/blocks/html/googlenews - gets a 403 (Forbidden) at
http://news.google.com/news?ned=us&topic=t
* samples/blocks/lucene/findIt2?queryString=cocoon - gave
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: IOException in search:
java.io.IOException: /tmp/Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/index2 not a directory
* samples/blocks/xmldb/browse/ - for
build/webapp/samples/blocks/xmldb/xmldb2samples.xsl I get
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: ElemTemplateElement-fel: head
line 89.
* samples/blocks/xsp/soap/temperature - Exception from service object:
Connection refused
* samples/blocks/forms/form2simpleXML.flow -
resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js", line 203,
Cannot set value of field "data.drinks" with an object of type
java.lang.String
* samples/blocks/forms/v2/example -  Validation rule "value-count"
cannot be used with strings, error at
file:build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/v2/form1.xml:115:38

Also I tested it on some  real  applications without any problems.

/Daniel