cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:16:01 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Who did some extensive tests on the candidate release?
>>
>>So far, nobody provided some feedback on either successful or
>>unsuccessful testing and IMO we should not make a release unless we have
>>a reasonable number of positive tests being reported.
>>

>Don't we all test? Isn't no negative news good news? :)

Hmm... yes, often no news is good news, but in that particular case, no
news may also mean nobody tested. And that's the concern I am voicing.

>As always, I will start a quick vote on monday, if we want to release
>the current svn. And if someone is against it, we will not release. It's
>that simple. So in fact, the vote can be compared with positive/negative
>tests. But if you have any suggestions to improve the process, feel free
>to do what you think is right.

The process is fine (code freeze / test / release), the only point is
that we need to know that testing has actually occured!

I was away during the last few days, and will shake the baby today and
this week-end :-)

Sylvain