cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CONTRIBUTION: forms-calendar-styling defect when widget disabled
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:32:09 GMT
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

>Sylvain,
>
>I think he means that adding "readonly='readonly'" as attribute to his
>own <fi:styling> tag is passed through the styling XSL files. IIRC there
>is a template that deals with extra attributes in the styling tag.

Ok. He can add whatever attribute to his styling, the stylesheets are
built for this, but I don't want to see this "readonly" attribute
handled in the stylesheets, as we have other mechanisms for this, namely
widget states.

It's important to use widget states for this not only for consistency,
but also because non-active (i.e. disabled/output/hidden) widget states
instruct the widget not to read its value from the request, which would
otherwise reset their value.

I am still missing something?

Sylvain