cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:53:03 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>> This vote shows that at least one committer cares about the block (he
>> calls for a vote) and he has to list good reasons why he thinks that
>> it is stable (community, interfaces and implementation).
>>
>> Of course we can group a several of votes into one voting process to
>> avoid dozens of votings :-p
>

> If you are speaking of current blocks, this is backwards.  Our policy is
> to require comments only on -1 votes.  Therefore, only blocks to be
> marked unstable would require justification.

What I meant was that the person calling for a vote has to list the reasons why
he has the opinion that the status of a block has changed. If somebody starts a
vote without explaining why a block has reached e.g. "supported", I would vote
-1 and maybe I'm not the only one.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc