cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:17:42 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Mie, 16 de Marzo de 2005, 9:59, Daniel Fagerstrom dijo:

<snip/>

>>The proposed life cycle of block is rather:
>>
>>* You get a cool new idea and create a contributed block.
>>* After a while it might have happened that a number of other developers
>>also have become interested in the block and have started to contribute.
>>At this point someone starts a vote about that the block should become a
>>supported block, and people agree.
>>* After some years it might happen that new technology or something else
>>makes the block less relevant and someone start a vote about deprecating
>>it.
>>

>The lifecycle was agreed for the community, the point is if a directory
>structure is the best to implement it. Other people (me included) think it
>can be implemented using the metadata file that all in all every block
>will have.

Everything can be done in numerous ways.

The directory structure is easy to understand, it is what we have
discussed at the list for quite a while, it is what Reinhard actually
have implemented and above all it moves us forward.

There should of course be a metadata file for the block as well and
documentation generated from that. But AFAIK no one have started to work
on any such documentation functinonallity. So for the moment I think we
should focus on the *important* question:

Which blocks do we support?

/Daniel