cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:59:31 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Mie, 16 de Marzo de 2005, 8:25, Daniel Fagerstrom dijo:

<snip/>

>>Am I and Reinhard the only ones that are concerned about what the 50+
>>blocks in an unordered lump in Cocoon does for the perception about our
>>project?
>>

>Well, I need to say I am not concerned. Playing with the directory
>structure is not good. I can see in the future people mails:
>
>                             - O -
>
>mail: "I canot find the block 'X' in the 'supported' dir as is stated in
>the mail 'Y'.
>reply: "No it was noved to contributted lat week on the SVN"
>re:reply: "It will be on the "resurected" block the next week

You are exagerating quite a bit ;) The proposed life cycle of block is
rather:

* You get a cool new idea and create a contributed block.
* After a while it might have happened that a number of other developers
also have become interested in the block and have started to contribute.
At this point someone starts a vote about that the block should become a
supported block, and people agree.
* After some years it might happen that new technology or something else
makes the block less relevant and someone start a vote about deprecating it.

/Daniel