cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:41:59 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Can't we put the whiteboard code in the trunk as well and let the
> compile script decide what should be included in the builds based on
> meta data in the source files ;)
>
>                                                    --- o0o ---
>
> Am I and Reinhard the only ones that are concerned about what the 50+
> blocks in an unordered lump in Cocoon does for the perception about our
> project?
>
> If we stop whishful thinking and feeling pitty for blocks with few
> supporters for a while, it is enough to take a look at the SVN log to
> see that we have our share of more or less abandoned one man shows.
> There are quite a few blocks that hasn't been touched in any essentail
> way for a year or more. Blocks where all work have been done by one
> person, that in some cases haven't been around for long. Blocks that
> nearly never are discussed on the list.
>
> IMO it is an esential service for our users that we in a honest and
> realistic way tell what we actually, in practicem, with real work,
> support rather than what we whish we supported.

Hmm, I thought we already agreed on putting blocks in different
directories to give a better overview about the state of a block - but
perhaps that's my weak memory...

Anyways, I think we should *not* put all blocks in one directory. Moving
things with svn is painless.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/