cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:41:37 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> IMO it is an esential service for our users that we in a honest and
> realistic way tell what we actually, in practicem, with real work,
> support rather than what we whish we supported.

And I think nobody disagrees with that. Status page (suggested somewhere up the
thread) indicating the status of the block, some additional information about
the block, etc, will accomplish this even with flat directory structure in SVN.

What exactly changing directory structure buys you? If there is clear and
structured documentation about the blocks (it can use structure like
supported/unsupported/contributed/abandoned/whatever) and similarly structured
hierarchy in the sample webapp, what, on top of this, directory structure in SVN
gives?

I'm not so against moving stuff, but I'm just trying to understand why to move.

Vadim