cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:29:46 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 16 mars 05, à 08:35, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
>
>> ...I like the connotation of "verified" as well, but I'm not sure if
>> we should reflect this status in our directory system....
>

> Actually the "verified" status is probably orthogonal to the other
> classifications.
>
> Could it be an attribute in block.xml?
>
> We could then have "supported/unverified" blocks that we do our best to
> maintain, but without having enough automated tests, and
> "supported/verified" blocks which we feel have enough (successful ;-)
> automated tests to be easily testable by users on their own platforms
> and environments.

Remains the question: What shall we do with and call "unsupported/unverified"
blocks?

I can't help myself but I have the impression that the whole "block status
thing" isn't well-thought-through ... I remember that we had the discussion ages
ago and we have already found a good solution. Any pointers?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc