cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:35:26 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>>How about adding another condition: a block can only have "supported"
>>status if we have automated tests for all its critical functions?
>>
>>This might make a big difference in the accountability of supported
>>stuff in our releases.
>

> That is a great idea. Then rather than calling them "supported"
> we can call them "tested" or "verified". Much better connotation.

I like the connotation of "verified" as well, but I'm not sure if we should
reflect this status in our directory system. IMHO the release of a block can be
verified but I'm not sure if a block in SVN can be verified. Think of a block
that is verified and then it is refactored or a major enhancement is added. Does
it still meet all requirements (tested, peer-reviewed, ...) afterwards? Maybe,
but maybe not. If not, do we move it into another directory, although the last
release was verified?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc