cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vilya Harvey <vilya.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [cForms] Errors coming from service layer
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:03:07 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Imagine following scenario: You have a service layer that is exposed
> as web services. cForms already does as much validation as possible
> but some complex checks can only be performed by the backend.
>
> If I call a webservice (via Axis client) this webservice can return
> errors (how this is done hasn't been defined yet).
>
> Are there any best practices or experiences how to map errors coming
> from the service or domain layer to cForms widgets? (The error has to
> appear at widget level.)

In your flowscript, you can create your own ValidationError object and
explicitly set that on the apppropriate widget.

What we did was to define our own type of exception which included
information about all validation errors that were found, then wrote a
simple(-ish) flowscript function which handled looking up the relevant
widgets, creating the error objects and setting them into the widgets.

Hope that helps!
Vil.