cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject [VOTE] Internal Pipelines Error Handling
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:51:11 GMT
Hi All,

I'd implemented error handling for internal pipelines which allows to discard
content generated by the internal pipeline and replace it instead with the
content generated by the error-handler of the internal pipeline. This feature is
activated only when pipeline has an attribute set:

     <map:pipeline internal-error-handling="true">

When attribute is missing or set to false, error handling behaviour is as it is
currently. Limitation of current implementation of the feature is that only one,
the inner most one error handler will be used for error handling. Implementation
can be extended to support hierarchical error handlers, but I followed KISS and
YAGNI approaches.

Because it's getting pretty close to the code freeze, I'd like to run this
through the vote. So, please vote here:

   [  ] Let's include this feature into 2.1.7 release!
   [  ] No, it can wait...

And here:

   [  ] Single error handler is just what we need.
   [  ] No, it must support hierarchical error handling.

And here is place for suggestions:

   [  ] I don't like attribute abive and propose following
        configuration attribute and values: ...
   [  ] I suggest ...

Background reading: This feature has been discussed and/or mentioned at least
couple of times already, for example, in this thread:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108423401300003&r=1

Thanks,
Vadim