cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experimental per-sitemap reloadable classloader
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:58:33 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

<snip/>

>How does this new class loader searches for classes? Does it first ask the parent class
loader? I'm just curious if it's save to put third party libraries into WEB-INF/lib *and*
add them to a sitemap classpath.

It uses the same code as the paranoid classloader, i.e. it searches
locally first and then asks the parent classloader. We can make this
configurable, although IMO this is the policy that most makes sense in
this use case.

Using this feature will certainly give us a good jumpstart to discover
all the good and bad things related to segmented classloading and hot
reload and find what needs to be fixed or changed.

I can only say that my life as a developer has changed since yesterday
evening ;-)

Sylvain