cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Who may follow a retired Anteater?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:25:49 GMT
Alfred Nathaniel wrote:

> Anteater is dead, and we should get away from it before it starts
> smelling.  Canoo WebTest seems to be an attractive alternative for
> preserving the Anteater paradigm of tight Ant integration.
>
> Does anybody have practical experience with Canoo WebTest which speaks
> for/against this product?  Or any other product?  Or is nobody testing?
>
> Looking forward to your feedback,

A few days ago a came across "Silenium"
(http://paulhammant.com/blog/selenium.html) which could be worth having a look
at it too.

I don't have practical experiences with any of the mentioned tools, but heard
good things about Canoo WebTest and Paul's blog is encouraging.

What I would really love to see is a GUI (Eclipse plug-in) to write the tests,
at least the most parts of them. And this GUI should describe the tests in some
well know programming language or in XML. AFAIK, any of the named alternatives
provides such a tool.

Last thought, it would be great to have an extensive testsuite, but as always,
somebody has to work on this.

Alfred, I can't help you with the actual work, but if you  work on this and if
you want you can get my feedback on your plans and your work and I would also
take care that your tests don't stay too long in Bugzilla ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc