cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any JCR (JSR-170) scratchpad code for Cocoon yet?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:42:10 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Upayavira wrote:

>>> Because this is a source, not a generator. The parameter would be a
>>> parameter to the generator.
>>

>> ok. Well, I thought the generator could pass it on to the source, but
>> I guess I
>> don't fully understand how it should work. Will try to figure it out.
>>
>> But on the other hand I don't fully understand why Sylvan would like
>> to use
>> jcrX://... instead of jcr://X/... as Stefano suggested, which seems
>> to make
>> more sense.
>

> same here.
> The repository configuration could be done in the source configuration
> (.xconf) but I guess that Sylvain is aware of this ;-)

My suggestion of having different protocols for different repositories
comes from lazyness as with jcr://repo/ the first path element has to be
handled by the source factory implementation that then needs to call the
appropriate repository (and also manage a collection of repositories)
whereas having several protocols allows all this stuff to be handled
automatically by the service manager and the source resolver.

Or we could also have a RepositorySelector and select a repository using
the first path element. Hmm... that may be a good option as an
application also need to access a repository directly and not only
through a source. Hmm...

Sylvain